Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Delicate Butterfly Birthday



I finally got a chance to play with my SU Butterfly Thinlets.  I love the pretty delicate butterflies it makes.  For this card I cut two butterflies in two shades of pink and layered them.  The leafy die cut is from the Secret Garden Framelets.  I distressed the edges of the Mellow Moss layer and sponged the same color ink on the edges.  I sponged a little Pink Pirouette on the top layer; I love the look it gives.  I really intended to emboss only the top layer, but I forgot and attached it to the Mellow Moss layer.  I ended up running them together through the Big Shot, but still like the way it came out though.  It is hard to see in the photo but sprayed some Shimmer Mist on the top butterfly to give it a subtle sparkle.  Pearls were added as finishing touch.

Recipe:
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics, Express Yourself - SU
Paper:  VV, Cream Confetti, Mellow Moss, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Always Artichoke
Ink:  Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:  Secret Garden Framelits, Butterfly Thinlets, Shimmer Spritz, Embossing Folder, Stick on Pearls, Distressing Tool, Sponges

No comments: